In the top-journal Frontiers in Zoology, Krzysztof Kowalski, Leszek Rychlik (Department of Systematic Zoology), and co-authors from the Institute of Experimental Biology, Paweł Marciniak and Grzegorz Rosiński (Department of Animal Physiology and Development) published a paper in which they indicate that venom of the Eurasian water shrew Neomys fodiens (Soricidae) displays strong paralytic (neuro- and myotropic) properties and lower cardioactivity. Authors, for the first time, report proteins/peptides present in the N. fodiens venom, that may be responsible for its toxic activity.
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 22 May 2018
- Media about the research conducted in our Institute 8 April 2018
- Publication in Journal of Animal Ecology 8 April 2018
- Publication in New Phytologist 30 March 2018
- Publication in Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 28 March 2018
- PAP describes research of international team led by Prof. Jacek Radwan 24 January 2018