In the top-journal Frontiers in Zoology, Krzysztof Kowalski, Leszek Rychlik (Department of Systematic Zoology), and co-authors from the Institute of Experimental Biology, Paweł Marciniak and Grzegorz Rosiński (Department of Animal Physiology and Development) published a paper in which they indicate that venom of the Eurasian water shrew Neomys fodiens (Soricidae) displays strong paralytic (neuro- and myotropic) properties and lower cardioactivity. Authors, for the first time, report proteins/peptides present in the N. fodiens venom, that may be responsible for its toxic activity.
- (no title) 16 January 2019
- SEMINARS ON EVOLUTION, ECOLOGY & BEHAVIOUR 3 January 2019
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education scholarships 30 December 2018
- Publication in Molecular Ecology 19 December 2018
- Paper in Journal of Mammalogy on the influence of masting on the cross-habitat dispersal of competing rodents in Bieszczady Mts 16 December 2018
- SEMINARS ON EVOLUTION, ECOLOGY & BEHAVIOUR 5 December 2018