In the top-journal Frontiers in Zoology, Krzysztof Kowalski, Leszek Rychlik (Department of Systematic Zoology), and co-authors from the Institute of Experimental Biology, Paweł Marciniak and Grzegorz Rosiński (Department of Animal Physiology and Development) published a paper in which they indicate that venom of the Eurasian water shrew Neomys fodiens (Soricidae) displays strong paralytic (neuro- and myotropic) properties and lower cardioactivity. Authors, for the first time, report proteins/peptides present in the N. fodiens venom, that may be responsible for its toxic activity.
- Publication in Scientific Reports authored by members of our Institute: T-cell receptor (TCR) repertoire profiling in non-model species using high-throughput sequencing 5 August 2018
- The Marcin Antczak Award goes to Jakub Szymkowiak 22 July 2018
- Publication in Journal of Ecology 20 June 2018
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 14 June 2018
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 11 June 2018
- Publication in New Phytologist 6 June 2018