In the top-journal Frontiers in Zoology, Krzysztof Kowalski, Leszek Rychlik (Department of Systematic Zoology), and co-authors from the Institute of Experimental Biology, Paweł Marciniak and Grzegorz Rosiński (Department of Animal Physiology and Development) published a paper in which they indicate that venom of the Eurasian water shrew Neomys fodiens (Soricidae) displays strong paralytic (neuro- and myotropic) properties and lower cardioactivity. Authors, for the first time, report proteins/peptides present in the N. fodiens venom, that may be responsible for its toxic activity.
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 11 December 2017
- Dr. Jan Kulczyk scholarship for PhD student of our Institute 8 December 2017
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 19 November 2017
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 13 November 2017
- Lecture given by dr Fyodor Kondrashov 6 November 2017
- Seminars on Evolution, Ecology & Behaviour 6 November 2017